What is a Fairtrade place of worship?
A Fairtrade Place of Worship is somewhere that supports Fairtrade, educates people as to what Fairtrade is and supports and runs Fairtrade activities. Whether you’re part of a church, synagogue, mosque, temple or any other, you can make a difference by becoming a Fairtrade Place of Worship. All you need do is meet the below 3 goals.
The 3 Goals
- Use Fairtrade tea and coffee for all meetings for which you have responsibility and after services.
- Move forward on using other Fairtrade products (such as sugar, biscuits and fruit)
- Promote Fairtrade during Fairtrade Fortnight and during the year through events, worship and other activities whenever possible.
You can help achieve these by:
- Putting up a Fairtrade display, and give out leaflets.
- Including prayers and info on Fairtrade in a service.
- Using these ideas and the information on this site to put together a magazine article.
- Serving Fairtrade tea and coffee after services.
Faith groups continue to be huge part of the Fairtrade movement in Wales. Your support is helping to make a real difference to the lives of more than 7 million farmers, workers and their families in 59 developing countries. To be part of the campaign by becoming a Fairtrade place of worship, please register at the Fairtrade Foundation website.
Don’t forget to check out the News section of the website for information on events and news from across Wales!