What to buy and where?
What to buy?
There are two key Fair Trade certification organisations – WFTO and the FAIRTRADE Mark and products from both are now more widely available than ever.
The FAIRTRADE Mark means that the Fairtrade ingredients in the product have been produced by small-scale farmer organisations or plantations that meet Fairtrade social, economic and environmental standards. The standards include protection of workers’ rights and the environment, payment of the Fairtrade Minimum Price and an additional Fairtrade Premium to invest in business or community projects.
The WFTO Product Label shows that the practices across the supply chain are checked against the WFTO Fair Trade Standard. Products carrying the WFTO Label are made and traded by Guaranteed Fair Trade Organisations dedicated to the sustainable Fair Trade economy. Every purchase of products with the WFTO Label supports small producers and their communities.
Many shops and importers also register with the British Association of Fair Trade Shops (BAFTS) to authenticate their Fair Trade status.
Where to buy it?
Fair Trade independent shops
- Fair and Fabulous, Newcastle Emlyn
- Eighteen Rabbit Pop up shop, Hay on Wye
- Fair Dos, Cardiff
- Harvest Books, Pontypridd
- Just Shopping (wholesale only), Conwy
- Kingdom Krafts, Llandudno
- Sussed, Porthcawl
- Bertrams, Ammanford
- The Dragons Garden, Llandeilo
- Health and Food, Llanrwst
Or you could also buy from your Traidcraft representative: www.traidcraftshop.co.uk
- Ethical Superstore www.ethicalsuperstore.com
- Bala Sport http://www.balasport.co.uk/
- Natural Collection www.naturalcollection.com
- Oxfam Unwrapped www.oxfam.org.uk/unwrapped
- People Tree www.peopletree.co.uk
- Traidcraft www.traidcraftshop.co.uk
- Cred Jewellery http://credjewellery.com/
and many more!
Your local shop or farmers market may also stock at least a few items including tea, coffee, sugar, chocolate and fruit. Again, if you ask – they may source it for you.
- Just Shopping, Conwy - www.justshopping.co.uk
- DW Wholesalers - email@example.com
- Click here for the Wales & South West suppliers list (Fairtrade Foundation)
- Wholesale list
- National Purchasing Guide
Fair Trade School Uniforms
For more details on where to buy Fair Trade School Uniforms please click here.