Making your workplace Fairtrade can be achieved by adopting a Fairtrade Policy that ensures some of the following:
- An appointed co-ordinator is responsible for ensuring that:
- All employees understand the meaning of Fair Trade, recognise the benefits that it brings to producers, and are aware of the range of Fairtrade products available.
- Vending machines stock Fairtrade drinks and chocolate bars
- The cafeteria serves Fairtrade drinks and snacks
- All kitchens are stocked with Fairtrade tea and coffee
- Fairtrade tea and coffee are served at meetings and given to all visitors
- In-house publications run a regular feature on Fair Trade
- There is a resource section for anyone interested in Fair Trade (a display and/or on a staff intranet)
- Events are held at least once a year to promote Fairtrade, for example during Fairtrade Fortnight.
You can also visit our Business News section for the latest information on how businesses are supporting Fair Trade.